What is CartoGraf?
WELCOME to LEARN's installation of Cartograf!Notez que ce n'est pas la même que le RECITUS Cartograf ici!
What is Cartograf? It is an open-source, interactive mapping and drawing application. Students and teachers can create and share maps, collect and analyze images, and work collaboratively on class projects! See also our Tech info pages to install your own?
HOW TO MAKE A CARTOGRAF MAP ?
Visit the help page for instructions and video tutorials on Creating Maps, Navigation tips, Drawing Tools, Pinning documents, and on Collaborating with others.
Click here to visit our HELP page!
IMPORTANT Note to teachers!:Please contact me prombough at learnquebec.ca if you are a teacher or project leader using Cartograf for professional purposes. This is to ensure your work does not get deleted after a fixed period of non-use.
TEACHERS AREA for tips and tricks
CLICK HERE to visit our teachers' section
REQUIREMENTS, bugs, TROUBLESHOOTING:If anything goes wrong... click the HOME link at top! Then go back into your saved map.
A modern computer browser works best: Microsoft Edge, Safari 8+
(Internet Explorer 10/11 & Firefox have issues only with the image editor.)
On tablets you may need to first "Request the Desktop version". Also, to place points on tablets you must zoom very, very, very (did I say very?) close, and then use a two-finger click.
Public Map Scenerios
Check out some summer Cartograf mapping projects:Fit&Grit
Fit&Grit were a crazy bunch of students and educators riding the ring of the Gaspé. Check it out at http://tiny.cc/fitandgrittmap
We posted their tweets and started marking the historic and geographically significant sites they passed.
Benoit, Magali & Mali paddled from Edmonton to Quebec along routes of voyageurs. Click here for their map.
SAMPLE MAPPING SCENARIOS in English
- Compare Quebec in 1905 and 1980 (LBPSB)
- The Seigneurial System (RECITUS)
- Nationalization of Electricity (LBPSB)
- Amerindian Territories in 1500 (RECITUS)
- Montreal in 1820 (RECITUS)
- Cairo: A Metropolitan Territory
- Cairo: Issues in the Metropolis
- Quebec City as Heritage site
- Protected territories around the world
- Montreal & New York (transportation, economy)
- Simple Map of Mexico (Mexico City, Migration)
- Brazilian Amazon (Forest Region)
SCÉNARIOS EN FRANÇAIS
- Comparer le Québec de 1905 et 1980 (LBPSB)
- La nationalisation de l'électricité (LBPSB)
- Le territoire des amérindiens en 1500 (RECITUS)
- Le régime seigneurial (RECITUS)
- Montréal en 1820 (RECITUS)
- Les voyages de Cartier (LBPSB)
- La romanisation de l'Empire romain (RECITUS)
- Le commerce des fourrures en Nouvelle-France (RECITUS)
- Territoires agricoles à risque (RECITUS)
- Le territoire autochtone - S’adapter au territoire ou adapter son territoire?