What is CartoGraf?
WELCOME to LEARN's installation of Cartograf!Return to LEARN | Visitez aussi RECITUS Cartograf | Tech info to install your own?
What is Cartograf? It is an open-source, interactive web-based mapping and drawing application. It allows students and teachers to create and share maps, collect and analyze images, and work collaboratively on class projects!
HOW TO MAKE A CARTOGRAF MAP ?
Visit the help page for instructions and video tutorials on Creating Maps, Navigation tips, Drawing Tools, Pinning documents, and on Collaborating with others.
Click here to visit our HELP page!
IMPORTANT NEWS:OpenStreetMaps is now the default mapping layer.
To change to Google streets, satellite, etc. just use the drop down layer changer at the bottom of each map.
Also, to limit hits on map servers, please use the Zoom tool or "Shift" key to zoom. See HELP page
TEACHERS AREA for tips and tricks
CLICK HERE to visit our teachers' section
REQUIREMENTS, bugs, TROUBLESHOOTING:If anything goes wrong... click the HOME link at top! Then go back into your saved map.
A modern computer browser works best: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari 8+
(Internet Explorer 10/11 & Firefox have issues only with the image editor.)
On tablets you may need to first "Request the Desktop version". Also, to place points on tablets you must zoom very, very, very (did I say very?) close, and then use a two-finger click.
Public Map Scenerios
This year's summer Cartograf mapping project
We will be posting their tweets and marking out the historic and geographically significant sites they pass.
Last year's summer Cartograf mapping project
Benoit, Magali & Mali paddled from Edmonton to Quebec along routes of voyageurs. Click here for their map.
SAMPLE MAPPING SCENARIOS in English
- Compare Quebec in 1905 and 1980 (LBPSB)
- The Seigneurial System (RECITUS)
- Nationalization of Electricity (LBPSB)
- Amerindian Territories in 1500 (RECITUS)
- Montreal in 1820 (RECITUS)
- Cairo: A Metropolitan Territory
- Cairo: Issues in the Metropolis
- Quebec City as Heritage site
- Protected territories around the world
- Montreal & New York (transportation, economy)
- Simple Map of Mexico (Mexico City, Migration)
- Brazilian Amazon (Forest Region)
SCÉNARIOS EN FRANÇAIS
- Comparer le Québec de 1905 et 1980 (LBPSB)
- La nationalisation de l'électricité (LBPSB)
- Le territoire des amérindiens en 1500 (RECITUS)
- Le régime seigneurial (RECITUS)
- Montréal en 1820 (RECITUS)
- Les voyages de Cartier (LBPSB)
- La romanisation de l'Empire romain (RECITUS)
- Le commerce des fourrures en Nouvelle-France (RECITUS)