What is Cartograf?
WHAT IS CARTOGRAF?
Cartograf is an open-source, interactive and collaborative mapping and drawing application, built for students in Quebec. Anyone is welcome sign up, create and share maps, collect and analyze images, and work collaboratively on class projects! However, Cartograf is NOT meant for long-term map creations or corporate use. (Teachers looking to store work permanently should contact us! And others can see our Tech pages to install their own version on their sites.
Help/Aide page! page for instructions and video tutorials on Creating Maps, Navigation tips, Drawing Tools, adding images and other documents to locations and shape areas, etc. Discover exactly how to share a map, and use Cartograf as a collaborative tool, where students can work together on projects using a simple share-code only they know.
Contact page for information and specific licenses regarding some of the icons and graphics we have used. Find us some new icons! If you have an icon you like on https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com, let us know!
Cliquez pour la version française..
Public Map Scenarios
Tour a few of our sample mapping scenarios below. They can be used as they are in your classes, or they can provide models for teachers to use while preparing their own scenarios for student use. See also our SCÉNARIOS EN FRANÇAIS
- Explore Nunavik: The Inuit around 1980 and 2020
- Compare Quebec in 1905 and 1980 (LBPSB)
- The Seigneurial System (RECITUS)
- Nationalization of Electricity (LBPSB)
- Indigenous Territories in 1500 (RECITUS)
- Montreal in 1820 (RECITUS)
- Cairo: A Metropolitan Territory
- Cairo: Issues in the Metropolis
- NEW: Montreal, a Metropolis
- Quebec City as Heritage site
- Protected territories around the world
- Montreal & New York (transportation, economy)
- Simple Map of Mexico (Mexico City, Migration)
- Brazilian Amazon (Forest Region)
- Roman Empire (RECITUS)
- Mercantilism trade and key players
- Reformation in Europe factors
- Rebellions of 1837-38
Cliquez ici pour nos Ressources publiques en français.